Re: [Health-dev] FHIR python library

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] FHIR python library
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 11:21:17 +0000

Hi Alvin !
On 11/03/14 01:44, address@hidden wrote:
> ‎Ah this makes sense. Then GNU Health complies with the WHO DSD for
> aggregation right? This means all the edge systems running GNU health, submit
> to the master and the master does the aggregation as prescribed by the WHO
> indicator...

Yes. The GNU Health master instance will collect information from GNU
Health instances at different health facilities, but also, it could
collect information from other
systems that use the FHIR standard.
> For those in the list here is a background:
>
> The WHO has an Indicator and Measurement Registry. It is a collection of xml
> schemas for aggregate reporting. One entry for example is on number of
> maternal deaths per 100000 (MDG5). This is released as a global indicator.
> This dsd is them extended by the regional offices and later by ministries of
> health. The idea is: if an emr in a country aggregates their data according
> to their country dsd (inherited from the regional dsd) then they can
> aggregate to the region. And if the region gets aggregated data (compliant to
> the global dsd) then they can aggregate to global requirements.
>
> The missing link is the country dsd. If GNU Health Master can simply inherit
> the regional dsd then it can do the gargantuan task of getting data from the
> gnu health instances (via fhir) and do the aggregation as required by the
> regional.dsd...
That is the main idea. Give the local and regional health facilities the
possibility to upload / update information  ath the central / master GNU
Health instance.

That instance would serve as the main data source for epidemiology,
demographics engine at the country or region. The people, Domiciliary
Units, diseases, operational sectors / areas , etc.. will be available
for the country MoH and regional health offices. Big data for good and
rapid decision making ! :)

We are very happy to count on your experience and support in this field,
Alvin. Thanks !

Best,

>>> 2.- https://pypi.python.org/pypi/fhir

--
GNU Health : The Free Health and Hospital Information System
http://health.gnu.org