Re: [Health-dev] [tryton] Re: Exception when building the package in a c

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [tryton] Re: Exception when building the package in a cleanroom Debian environment
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 10:33:35 -0300

Hello Mathias, Emilien & devs

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 19:10:00 +0100
Mathias Behrle <address@hidden> wrote:

> * Luis Falcon: " [tryton] Re: [Health-dev] Exception when building
> the package in a cleanroom Debian environment" (Mon, 24 Mar 2014
> 19:02:30 -0300):
>
> Hi Emilien, hi all,
>
> > On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 21:35:40 +0100
> > Emilien Klein <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi GNU Health team,
> > >
> > > The Debian package has to pass a number of automated tests to
> > > validate a minimal level of quality. One of these tools is called
> > > piuparts.
> > >
> > > When running piuparts on the latest version of the Debian
> > > package, an exception was thrown. I would need some help figuring
> > > out how to fix this.
> > >
> > > See the output of the entire build process here, the Traceback is
> > > at the end:
> > > https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/fail/gnuhealth-server_2.4.1-2.log
> > >
> > > Extract:
> > >
> > >   [Fri Mar 14 03:40:49 2014] INFO:modules:ir:loading lang.xml
> > >   [Fri Mar 14 03:40:49 2014]  [7mERROR [0m:convert:Error while
> > > parsing xml file: In tag record: model ir.lang with id lang_ca.
> > >   Traceback (most recent call last):
> > > [...]
> > >     File
> > > "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/trytond/backend/postgresql/database.py",
> > > line 309, in execute return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
> > >   UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character
> > > u'\xe0' in position 5: ordinal not in range(128)
> > >

> > > Seems like there is some character with accents in the Canadian
> > > language model, which can't be encoded using ASCII.
> > >
> > The file ir/lang.xml is part of the core of Tryton server. I'm
> > copying the Tryton community.
> >
> > The language that is making reference with this tag is CatalĂ  (from
> > Catalonia) .
> >
> > Tryton deals fine with non-ascii characters in xml files without the
> > need for encoding it (like "Catal&agrave;") on the xml file.
> >
> > You should get this traceback at Tryton server tests, before the
> > actual check GNU Health modules are loaded.
> >
> > It seems like it has to do with something on the test environment,
> > since both Tryton core and GNU Health modules load just fine.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for reporting and for your great job on packaging GNU
> > Health and Tryton in Debian.
> >

> > Best,
> >

> > > Any idea how to fix this?
> > > Thanks,
> > >     +Emilien
>
> I can not provide actually a fix withotu digging further into the
> gnuhealth package, but just some hints:
>
> 1) tryton-server [1] is passing piuparts and basically this seems
> also to apply for gnuhealth-server [2]. The error seems to be  caused
> by the gnuhealth package scripts or the tools it uses.

Thanks for the info.

I am looking now at the the database-scripts/install/psql script of the
Debian package.

It's not a good idea to init all the modules. In fact, I wouldn't
create any database . The DB creation, modules selection depends on the
needs of each user or Health Institution. In fact some of them - like
health_ICD10-PCS and health_ICPM should be mutually exclusive.

If you want to have a demo GNU Health instance  with a set of modules,
functionality, then we can provide you a postgres dump for that
version. That's what Axel is working on with the LiveCD demo for
OpenSUSE.

If the Debian package installs the server and modules;
configuration files; gnuhealth OS and DB user and environment variables
would be more than enough.

Just as curiosity, can you check the DB encoding of the created DB
(psql -l will show it).

Again, we should not create the DB as part of the installation process
though.

Let me know your thoughts and thanks again for creating the Debian
package !

Best,

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health : The Free Health and Hospital Information System