[Health-dev] [task #13190] Health crypto module functionality

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-dev] [task #13190] Health crypto module functionality
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 08:48:04 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: meanmicio
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: None
                  Module: health_crypto

Details:

Dear all

A short summary of the module that I'm working for GNU Health :

The health_crypto module will provide the following functionality :

* Document Serialization
* Document hashing (MD)
* Document signing
* Document verification
* Document encryption

The module will work on records from models that will need this functionality
such as prescription, patient evaluations, surgeries or lab tests.

The Serialization process  will include the information in a predefined format
(JSON) and encoding (UTF8).

There will be a field that will contain the Message digest of the
serialization process, and that will check for any changes.

The signing process will be upon that Message Digest field, whereas the
encryption process will work on row or column level.

Public key / asymmetric cryptography will be used for signing the documents.
For encryption we can choose whether to use a symmetric algorithm.

Comments / suggestions are most welcome.

Best,
Luis Falcon

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13190>

  Message sent via/by Savannah