Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health 2.6 pre-release

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health 2.6 pre-release
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 20:05:12 -0500

Hi Ronald !
On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 18:19:56 +0200
ronald munjoma <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Luis,
>
> Following the Linux install guide. On Ubuntu 14.04 I am getting the
> below permissions error:
>
> OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dateutil/rrule.py'
>
> Storing complete log in /home/gnuhealth/.pip/pip.log
> address@hidden:~/gnuhealth-DEVELOPMENT-pre26$
>
> Do I need to be root when running the install script?

No. The script "gnuhealth_install.sh" installs everything
under /home/gnuhealth (or your /home/<your_user_name> ).
pip is called with the "--user" argument, so it will install the python
packages under ~/.local .

From your output, it looks like you might have had some
python libs installed system-wide.

Best,

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health : Freedom and Equity in Healthcare