Re: [Health-dev] Update base packages : python2.7-cracklib

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Update base packages : python2.7-cracklib
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 14:12:23 +0000

Hi Axel !
On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 11:16:50 +0100
Axel Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Luis,
>
> Am Sonntag, 18. Januar 2015, 12:26:09 schrieb Luis Falcon:
> >
> > I will be releasing tonight or tomorrow RC2 tarball, so you can
> > download and test the installation process.
>
> looking forward to this!

The tarball should be up today :) I just uploaded the latest rc2
to the community server.

Working on the documentation

> > I will send another mail with the most important things to check on
> > this new version later.
> >
> > At this point, and to save time, please make sure your distribution
> > has the cracklib and python2.7-cracklib bindings. The one on pypi
> > is not up-to-date, so best it to install the package from your
> > specific OS or distro. The latest stable version is 2.9.2 .
>
> Is this a hard requirement to use 2.9.2?

It's called by the standard installation program. Take a look at the
security chapter on GNU Health[1] (work in progress). There is a
section on serverpass.

> One more question on the sync module: The tryton_synchronisation is
> not (yet) released as module on tryton, is it planned to do so?

For what I've been talking to Cedric, the synchro engine is not part of
the main package at this point.
> As you wrote in  task #13407 (project health):
> On Sunday 11th ( 2.8 Release Candidate 1), the community server
> should be configured as the central instance, and will accept
> synchronizations from satellites.
>
> Will this be the 'frozen' version of the Demo -DB? Otherwise each
> client will sync all changes that users make to the demo-db as well.
> Where can the ID for the server been looked up?
The central instance ID is always 0. But that happens behind the
scenes. The id that you have to set is in your satellite instance.

The server database will be the same as the one we use. It will
bounce/reset everyday.

I'm also documenting on Wikibook the Synchronization engine for GNU
Health[2] .

1.-  https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Security
2.- https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Synchronization_Guide

PS: This version should have been called "time to document :)", but I
feel that documentation has been one of our pending jobs, and it's about
time to really work on this.

Best,
Luis