Re: [Health-dev] Testing

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Testing
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 17:29:27 +0000

On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 12:33:00 +0100
Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to make the tests working back on GNU Heath, so I work
> module per module. So far, I have done almost half of them.
> But now I have to come back to the first module 'health' because of
> changeset 8665a21223e2  because the SQL query doesn't work on SQLite.
> (It is important to use python-sql to write portable SQL queries).
Agree. We're going on that direction, and most code has been moved to
python-sql, but for upgrades "run-once" snippets I've been using
standard SQL code, that could be used also directly from the psql
interpreter.
> I think it is important that developers run tests before committing
> because it will ensure quality and ease others jobs.
>
> By the way, is there infrastructure on savannah for CI?
As you pointed, Hydra[1] seems to be available for GNU projects.
The good thing is that it could the check automatically, after each
commit.

1.- https://www.gnu.org/software/devel.html