Re: [Health-dev] [task #14727] Implement Action and Command codes - The

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #14727] Implement Action and Command codes - The GNU Health Command Line
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 13:35:32 +0000

Hi Mathias !

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 13:22:26 +0100
Mathias Behrle <address@hidden> wrote:

> * Luis Falcon: " Re: [Health-dev] [task #14727] Implement Action and
> Command codes - The GNU Health Command Line" (Sun, 14 Jan 2018
> 11:40:17 +0000):
>
> Hi Luis,
>
> > On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 22:02:41 +0100
> > Axel Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >
> > > As already discussed, for ergonomical PoV I feel it is better at
> > > the top - there you are mostly with the mouse
> >
> > I have created a configuration parameter (client.cli_position) that
> > allow us to set the position of the GNU Health CLI (top or bottom).
> >
> > In the case of the top position, the CLI lives by itself, whereas in
> > the bottom, it shares room with the status bar.
>
> When displaying on top couldn't it be shown just above the global
> search without losing height of the tabs?

The global search is part of the menu, and it can be hidden. One of the
features of the CLI is to be able to work without the main menu.

The problem is that if we set it within the menu / global search area,
when we collapse the menu, we would not be able to reach the CLI.

> > Here is a side-by-side comparison of the CLIs
> >
> > https://i.imgur.com/V0Hh90r.png
> >
> > Now we can decide which should be the default position value.
>
> As I am not familiar with the usage of this feature I won't comment
> on this. As long as it is configurable (for activation and position)
> it is a great example how to empower the user to configure her
> workspace.

Cool :)

Thanks for the feedback !

Bests,