Re: [Health-dev] [task #15027] A discussion on integrating HL7 FHIR (and

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #15027] A discussion on integrating HL7 FHIR (and related) codesets into the data models
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2018 12:17:45 +0100 (BST)

Hi Chris

In the SHORT term I think that GNU Health might need to continue using 'local
codesets' with the option of also using a SCTID (SNOMED CT Identifier) in the
same database table:

Text description | Local code | SCTID

oral | PO | 123456789

intravenous | IV | 987654321

In the medium term I think that GNU Health should be configured with the option
of using/linking to a SCT TERMINOLOGY SERVER. This could possibly be a new GNU
Health module or could just be a web link to an 'open source' terminology
server.

An increasing number of countries are now licensed to use SNOMED CT and those
very low income countries can apply for the SCT free license option.

Hope I have made myself clear.

What do you think Luis?

Andrew