Re: [Health-dev] OT: Mail delay (was: [task #15167] Orthanc DICOM module

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] OT: Mail delay (was: [task #15167] Orthanc DICOM module)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 13:52:05 +0000

Good morning Mathias !

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 13:12:46 +0100
Mathias Behrle <address@hidden> wrote:

> * Chris Zimmerman: " Re: [Health-dev] [task #15167] Orthanc DICOM
> module" (Wed, 06 Mar 2019 01:26:22 +0000):
>

> Hi all,
>
> JFTR: I got this mail with quite some delay. I got the answer from
> Axel immediately, but this original mail with 2d+ delay. The delay is
> on gnu.org itself. Can something be done to avoid this?

I haven't looked into the dates much, but I believe the delay is due to
the moderation process.
GNU Health mailing lists are moderated to avoid spam, so when an
message arrives to Mailman, it needs to be approved.

We can improve it by setting off the mod flag to known community
members, but even like that spam can get through. Also, we can add more
moderators to avoid delays if some of us are traveling.

Best
Luis