Re: [Health-dev] [task #15167] Orthanc DICOM module

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #15167] Orthanc DICOM module
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 11:01:49 +0000

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 16:16:05 +0100
Axel Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2019, 15:04:38 CET schrieb Luis Falcon:
> > Quick followup ...
> >
> > On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 13:54:29 +0000
> >
> > Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Hi Chris !

> > > Great !!

> > > Yes. I think we should work on the link with a nice / simple DICOM
> > > viewer.
> > >
> > > I've been using Aliza lately
> > > (https://www.aliza-dicom-viewer.com/), a QT application. It is
> > > simple, has an RPM package and works quite well.
> > >
> > > We can check with Sebastien who is an expert in this area and get
> > > his thoughts.
> > >
> > > @Axel, do you think we can have the Aliza package for openSUSE ?
> >
> > Although it's linked with QT & licensed under LGPL, I have not seen
> > the source code from Aliza, so until that is clear we can not
> > integrate it and should keep on the quest to find the ultimate
> > Libre DICOM viewer :D
>
> I could not find any license for the aliza package - LGPL just refers
> to the linked QT libraries.
>
> The guys are in Bonn (could have knocked their door yesterday ;-) I
> will drop them a mail - or did you do already?

That would be great ! My German is as good as my Chinese :D

> For the rest, I have othanc-webviewer and othanc-dicomweb in the
> build queue. I finished gdcm, which is a C++ library for DICOM
> medical files, and a build requirement for the webviewer.  Same as
> cornerstone, a nodejs package, which waits to be build.
>
> So, any lightweight package is welcome.....

Aeskulap needs some work / update, but it is *very* light and a great
piece of software. We just need somebody to update the source code to
the latest specs and maintain it. It could be a great companion and
integrate it with GNU Health.

Let me know your thoughts
Luis