[Health-dev] Important note on editing GNU Health Wikibook

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-dev] Important note on editing GNU Health Wikibook
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 11:48:36 +0000

Dear all

The collaborative nature of the Wiki has many advantages, as enhancing
for team work. That is the reason I chose -many years ago- Wikibooks as
the medium for the GNU Health Documentation Project. That said, the
very same open nature can generate unwanted side effects.

Please make sure than before making any substantial change on the
Wikibook, we have triple checked the quality of the document, as well
as reaching consensus in areas of uncertainty.

Let's take the installation instructions on different operating
systems.

On the Wikibook, we will document the steps for the official standard
(vanilla) GNU Health installation. Please *do not* mix in this section
things such as specific package-based installation methods, because it
will generate confusion

There is a chapter dedicated to operating systems and distributions
community pages
(https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Community_Pages), where you
can find specific information and links about GNU Health in your
favorite distro.

Please also take in consideration the packaging guidelines when
creating the GNU Health package for the operating system distribution.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Packaging_Guidelines

We need to generate a homogeneous environment across all the operating
systems, so the user documentation will be universally valid.

I think the openness of Wikibook is great for documenting GNU Health,
but with openness comes our responsibility. Should that not be the
case, I would have to change the documentation project to other medium.

Feedback and suggestions will be much appreciated !!

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

All the best,

--
Dr. Luis Falcon, M.D.
President, GNU Solidario