Re: [Health-dev] [Health-announce] GNU Health patchset 3.6.2 released

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [Health-announce] GNU Health patchset 3.6.2 released
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 14:51:34 +0000

Hi Axel !

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 15:06:09 +0100
Axel Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Luis,
>
> Am Samstag, 23. November 2019, 18:36:35 CET schrieb Luis Falcon:
> > (main article at
> > https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=9603)
>
> Savannah seems to be unavailable at the moment

It seems to be OK now: Check
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/health/

Nevertheless, I am also mirroring the files both gnuhealth.org  and in
Sourceforge

> > Dear community
> >
> > GNU Health 3.6.2 patchset has been released !
>
> the current tarball on pypi.io seems to be broken: It has only 770k
> and basically no modules inside.

The file is OK, but remember that "gnuhealth" is just the health
package, that is why it's only 770K. Just did an installation and
worked fine. (pip3 install --user gnuhealth)

The rest of the packages are also there gnuhealth_archives,
gnuhealth_gyneco ....

> > The GNU Health control center works on standard installations (those
> > done following the installation manual on wikibooks). Don't use it
> > if you use an alternative method or if your distribution does not
> > follow the GNU Health packaging guidelines.
>
> Can we agree on a slightly different wording here?
>
> The GNU Health control center works on standard installations (those
> done from source files as described on wikibooks).
> Don't use it if you use the packages provided by your
> Linux-Distribution. Here the system takes care about patches.

You should customize gnuhealth-control so it works on openSUSE, either
by calling internally zypper in or whatever you deem appropriate to
achieve the same task as "gnuhealth-control update". That way we get
close to the ideal 1-1 relationship on the standard and the openSUSE
package.

I think you already have done something like that already to adapt
gnuhealth-control getlang.

Moreover, I have to know *exactly* which system distribution. In
this case, it would be openSUSE. I can not talk for any others until
they have been verified.

> I have applied the patch to the openSUSE packages of release 3.6.1,
> so it has the same patch level as the 3.6.2 release.

Excellent ! Thanks Axel !

All the best,
--
Dr. Luis Falcon, MD, MSc