Re: [Health-dev] [Health-announce] GNU Health patchset 3.6.2 released

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [Health-announce] GNU Health patchset 3.6.2 released
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 17:31:17 +0100

Hi Luis,

I'm entering via https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/health , and this still does not work

> Nevertheless, I am also mirroring the files both gnuhealth.org and in

> Sourceforge

> > > Dear community

> > > GNU Health 3.6.2 patchset has been released !

> > the current tarball on pypi.io seems to be broken: It has only 770k

> > and basically no modules inside.

> The file is OK, but remember that "gnuhealth" is just the health

> package, that is why it's only 770K. Just did an installation and

> worked fine. (pip3 install --user gnuhealth)

> The rest of the packages are also there gnuhealth_archives,

> gnuhealth_gyneco ....

OK, thats misleading, as the file from ftp.gnu.org has exactly the same name...but a different content

> > > The GNU Health control center works on standard installations (those

> > > done following the installation manual on wikibooks). Don't use it

> > > if you use an alternative method or if your distribution does not

> > > follow the GNU Health packaging guidelines.

> > Can we agree on a slightly different wording here?

> > The GNU Health control center works on standard installations (those

> > done from source files as described on wikibooks).

> > Don't use it if you use the packages provided by your

> > Linux-Distribution. Here the system takes care about patches.

> You should customize gnuhealth-control so it works on openSUSE, either

> by calling internally zypper in or whatever you deem appropriate to

> achieve the same task as "gnuhealth-control update". That way we get

> close to the ideal 1-1 relationship on the standard and the openSUSE

> package.

the openSUSE packages come already with a modified gnuhealth-control. Its version is 3.6.2-openSUSE and it points you to 'zypper up'

Cheers

Axel