Re: [Health-dev] Secure PostgreSQL connection?

From: Gerald Wiese
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Secure PostgreSQL connection?
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 13:27:11 +0100

Hey,

getting back to this PostgreSQL config:

I tried to replace "local all all trust" by "local health tryton trust" on openSUSE and "local health gnuhealth trust" on Ubuntu/Debian and it works. As it's more precise / secure I suggest to change it in the documentation (regarding wikibooks installation chapter and openSUSE specific installation instructions).

Besides I tested to have PostgreSQL on another system which is not part of the documentation yet. I could work on this as well. Until here I got it running but not yet fulfilling best practices I think.

Before editing wikibooks I would like to know if there is already work in progress for a HMIS documentation in RST like for MyGNUHealth / Thalamus?

In general having an up to date documentation with 4.0 would be nice as there are some very old parts like mentionning HMIS version 3.0 or even Python2.

Best

Gerald