Re: [Health-dev] [bug #63403] Change translation setup

From: Feng Shu
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [bug #63403] Change translation setup
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 21:41:42 +0800

Mathias Behrle <m9s@mailbox.org> writes:

> * Feng Shu: " [Health-dev] [bug #63403] Change translation setup" (Thu, 25 May
>   2023 21:19:05 -0400 (EDT)):
>
>> > we should change the setup of the translation to improve quality of the
>> same.
>
> This is not a problem of the setup of the translation, see below.
>
>> report translation has more problem, I think.
>> many report strings split abnormal, and they will confusing translators
>> and waste translators's time。
>>
>> 1. https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61875> 2.
>> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61874> 3.
>> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61873> 4.
>> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61872> 5.
>> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61871>
>>
>> I am considering whether I should delete all zh_CN translations of abnormal
>> reports strings
>> for they let report looks ugly.
>>
>> New created reports have this problem too, for example:
>>
>> ```
>> msgctxt "report:preoperative_assessment:"
>> msgid "essment"
>> msgstr "essment"
>>
>> msgctxt "report:preoperative_assessment:"
>> msgid "s"
>> msgstr "s"
>>
>> msgctxt "report:surgery:"
>> msgid "(ID"
>> msgstr "(ID"
>>
>> msgctxt "report:surgery:"
>> msgid ")"
>> msgstr ")"
>>
>> ```
>
> It is a known issue (and PITA) with open document templates. It happens when
> libreoffice splits strings into separate formats.
>
> Only remedy is to reformat the whole string so that the split gets removed
> which can be done either in libreoffice or manually directly on the fodx file.

I am interested in doing report templates updates to solve translation
problem. But my question is, will my updates be accepted and merged if
no serious issues ?

Because it seems to quite time-consuming, and I have found that report
templates bugs seem to no maintainers pays attention. so I need to
confirm in advance.