Re: [Health-dev] [bug #63403] Change translation setup

From: Feng Shu
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [bug #63403] Change translation setup
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 22:28:28 +0800

Luis Falcon <falcon@gnuhealth.org> writes:

> On Sun, 04 Jun 2023 21:41:42 +0800
> Feng Shu <tumashu@163.com> wrote:
>
>> Mathias Behrle <m9s@mailbox.org> writes:
>>
>> > * Feng Shu: " [Health-dev] [bug #63403] Change translation setup"
>> > (Thu, 25 May 2023 21:19:05 -0400 (EDT)):

>> > This is not a problem of the setup of the translation, see below.

>> > It is a known issue (and PITA) with open document templates. It
>> > happens when libreoffice splits strings into separate formats.
>> >
>> > Only remedy is to reformat the whole string so that the split gets
>> > removed which can be done either in libreoffice or manually
>> > directly on the fodx file.
>>
>> I am interested in doing report templates updates to solve translation
>> problem. But my question is, will my updates be accepted and merged if
>> no serious issues ?
>>
>> Because it seems to quite time-consuming, and I have found that report
>> templates bugs seem to no maintainers pays attention. so I need to
>> confirm in advance.
>>

> I believe most of your requests have been accepted, so I don't
> understand that position.

Yes, most of my commits are translation, they are reviewed easily,
but I think report template is not the case, in my opinion, fodt are
hard to review :-)

> We'll be happy to integrate your fixes and contributions on the report
> translations.

Good news.

I have write a draft of "GNU Health Report Template Edit Simple
Guideline" fodt file, I hope we can improve this file first:

1. Improve its configure, style and so on, so this file can be
   used as a template of "Report Template".
2. Improve its contents, so new report template developers
   can avoid some pitfalls with its help.

When this file is good enough, I will begin to improve exist report
templates with its help.

by the way, sorry for my pool English :-)