Re: [Health] First chapters of GNU Health manual in wikibooks

From: ronald munjoma
Subject: Re: [Health] First chapters of GNU Health manual in wikibooks
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 21:27:13 +0200

Hi Luis,

On 24 November 2011 06:45, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Ronald !

Thanks for your mail and suggestions. Please check my comments below

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 5:56 PM, ronald munjoma <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
> I think we might need to split our manuals/documentation into:
> 1. Administrators manual
> -installing, upgrading and maintaining the system (technical stuff)
> 2. Users manual
Good idea.
I would say that what we're working today (including these three
initial chapters) is the User Manual. We talk a bit the installation,
but is oriented at the general - non-technical - user, so everyone can
install the system

> * day to day system users
> - physcians/doctors/nurses
> - lab managers
> - front office/reception
> - billing/accountants
>

> Find below a possible outline of the documentation (based on current work on
> the wiki with comments/suggestions and previous documentation). Once agreed
> on the structure we could then assign documentation team members chapters to
> work on.
> Introduction
> Installation
> - add installation of additional modules instructions
> - most common/known issues
>   - no trytond.conf file
>   - how to use trytond.conf
> Booting Up the Tryton Server
> - is there a way to set up the server to start at system start up (using
> init or something)?
> First Steps
> - a short description of all the modules (copy paste and edit from:
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ or     from the module description in the
> system)
> The Demo Database
> - still work in progress
> The Main Screen
> The Partner Concept
> Patients
> Families
> Institutions
> Doctors
> Medicaments
> Laboratory
> Pathologies
> Operational Areas
> Insurance
> Genetics
> Appointments
> Misc
> Billing
> Reports

It sounds great. I would basically have

- User Manual ( including the three chapters we have already and all
the modules that you mentioned, separated by the functionality per
module. )
- Technical Manual ( administrion, security, backups, high
availability, reporting )
- Trouble shooting

What do you think ?

All your suggestions sound good. This is my first time using GNU Health and writing a manual, your guidance will be greatly appreciated. Is the previous documentation still relevant and can it be used as a base for the new documentation. How do we move forward?

Regards and thanks
Ronald

Best

--