Re: [Health] PACS

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] PACS
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 12:14:02 -0300

Hi Juan

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 4:29 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been closely watching the development of GNU Health since nearly the
> beginning and, first of all, I would like to congratulate the team for the
> great
> progress you had made.

Thanks !

> Second, I would like to ask for the status of the DICOM connectivity. I saw a
> message from Luis that someone is working with Aeskulap integration to review
> DICOM files I want to ask if any progress has been achieved.
> I work with a PACS for ophtalmology which has no EMR functionality I would
> like
> to recomend the use of GNU health. But, for that, it would be necessary
> that GNU
> Health could retrieve and dispaly the data stored in a PACS system.
> Also, I read that this year will appear a ophtalmogy oriented module. Any
> news?
In GNU Health, you can store the information in two ways. We can
either storage the whole DICOM series, or just make a link to the the
DICOMDIR file ( the preferred way ).

I like Aeskulap since it can connect directly to the PACS server is
there is one available. What I would also like to do is to be able to
pass as an argument the DICOMDIR to Aeskulap, you it will open
directly.  when clicking on the patient form. Otherwise, we can use
another viewer.

> I have no programing skills, but if I can help any way, I would like to do
> it.
Thanks a lot ! Give it a try and let me know if you have any issues
with the attachment and/or link concept .

Best

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health