Re: [Health] Issue installing GNU Health modules in Ubuntu 10.4

From: Vincent Buijtendijk
Subject: Re: [Health] Issue installing GNU Health modules in Ubuntu 10.4
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 23:46:34 +0100

Hi Luis,

I have gotten a few steps further, now I am facing different issues, I was able to upgrade to Ubuntu 12.04 from a clean new Ubuntu 10.04 Image.
I installed all packages required and installed GNU Health.

However I am unable to connect from the Tryton client in Windows to the database running on my Virtual Server.
I get the error Database: Could not connect to server.

However from the server I do see incoming connections so it is not a firewall issue:
/gnuhealth/tryton/server/trytond-3.0.2/bin $ ./trytond
[Mon Mar 10 22:33:10 2014] INFO:server:using /home/gnuhealth/gnuhealth/tryton/server/trytond-3.0.2/etc/trytond.conf as configuration file
[Mon Mar 10 22:33:10 2014] INFO:server:initialising distributed objects services
[Mon Mar 10 22:33:10 2014] INFO:server:starting JSON-RPC protocol on *:8000
[Mon Mar 10 22:33:15 2014] INFO:database:connect to "template1"
[Mon Mar 10 22:33:17 2014] INFO:database:connect to "template1"

There seems to be an issue between Tryton and Postgresql 9.1.
I did create the Database and User "gnuhealth" and this seems to be working fine when doing local tests.

The Postgresql DB is running on the same virtual server so I assume we are talking about localhost connections between Tryton and Postgresql. I did some checks to confirm:
- The postgresql pg_hba.conf  file allows peer connections for localhost domain socket connections..
- For localhost TCP connections it allows md5 authentication.

Could you confirm what type of connection goes between Tryton and Postgresql? I was told by some sources it's domain socket connections so because peer connections are allowed this should work right?
Even if they are TCP connections which login should I configure and where? In trytond.conf in the gnuhealth path? The username "gnuhealth" and the password of the same user?

Are there logfiles somewhere (or can they be enabled?) which can tell me more of what issue I am actually facing between Tryton and Postgresql?

Hope you could confirm the above, or if you have any other ideas of troubleshooting the above.

I am kind of a beginning Linux user so please be gentle on me ;)

Many thanks once again for your and the team's great work!

Kind regards,
Vincent Buijtendijk

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 7:57 PM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Vincent
On 08/03/14 18:22, Vincent Buijtendijk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a new user of GNU Health and I am trying to implement the system
> for a new small clinic my wife is opening in Barcelona.
>
> First of all I have to say what a fantastic project this is and I hope I
> can increase my knowledge to be able to contribute to the project some day.
Thank you ! :)

> I have contracted a Virtual server, the OS I selected was Ubuntu as the
> instructions were simplest on the installation guide.
>
> After having some trouble with installing python-pip and postgresql
> (9.3, is that ok or should it be 9.1?), I guess due to the outdated
> version of Ubuntu I finally managed to install GNU Health and run the
> Tryton server.
>
> Unfortunately I am not at liberty to upgrade Ubuntu to the latest
> version as it's a Vserver. I do have the option to install Debian or Centos
>
> I connected with a Tryton client from Windows, created the database then
> proceeded to install the modules.. However this has been taking about 45
> mins now and the screen seems to be greyed out. I am not sure what
> exactly I should see..
>
> Am I just too impatient or may this take a long time? I have a dual core
> 2 GB Vserver contracted, is this sufficient?
It seems it's taking too much time.... the largest module is ICD10-PCS,
but it should install it in no more than 10 minutes. 2GB is OK for testing.
For testing, I reccommend to isntall the ICPM (Medical Procedures)
module instead of the ICD10-PCS unless you require this one.

Let us know if you solved the issue.

Best,

--
GNU Health : The Free Health and Hospital Information System
http://health.gnu.org