Re: [Health] Securing GNU Health server

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] Securing GNU Health server
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:42:12 +0100

Hi Vincent,

Am Freitag, 28. März 2014, 10:55:15 schrieb Vincent Buijtendijk:

> Would anybody be able to share some tips to secure a server running GNU
> Health? Like most of you probably we are dealing with sensitive data so I
> would like to secure it as much as possible.

That depends first of all on the platform you are on, as Windoze differs from
Mac OS or Linux. Can you provide this info?

General: Keep it in a separate box, not on a workstation, if you want to serve
more than one client from it.

> I am thinking about an SSL certificate of which I already have found some
> information online, in order to secure the communications.

Thats in general a good idea, see e.g.
http://code.google.com/p/tryton/wiki/InstallationonopenSUSE#Setting_up_SSL_communication_with_the_Tryton_server

> However I also would like to secure the actual data without hampering user
> experience too much. Is there a way to encrypt the PostGreSQL database ?

No idea, sorry.
Not sure that it really makes sense to encrypt the database.

HTH/Axel