Re: [Health] Does gnu health support medical devices like scanners etc?

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Does gnu health support medical devices like scanners etc?
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 19:54:06 +0200

Hi Bram
On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 12:14:15 +0200
Bram Mertens <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback.  I'll talk to my friend to get an idea of
> what they use now, whether they have any kind of integration at
> present to see if this could potentially be useful for him.
>
> Unfortunately this means that he will still need his Windows clients
> and server for the closed apps he's using.  What is the experience of
> running Gnu Health on Windows?  I doubt I'll be able to convince him
> to install another server.

There are Free/Open Source solutions to view Medical images. For
instance, GNU Health can use Aeskulap or Gingko for DICOM images, which
is the format most CT / MRI scanners use today. We have used it from
GNU Health without problems.

If your hospital produces images in the DICOM format, then GNU HEalth
can read them.

Best

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health : The Free Health and Hospital Information System