Re: [Health] Gentoo packages

From: Emilien Klein
Subject: Re: [Health] Gentoo packages
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 19:01:51 +0100

Le 12 févr. 2015 18:50, "Cédric Krier" <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> With all the discussion about packaging GNU Health in Debian, I decided
> to make packages for Gentoo [1]. Only the version 2.8.1 is packaged and
> I don't plan to package older but I will try for the future one's.
>
> As GNU Health release all modules at the same time with a strict
> dependency between them for the same exact version, I did the same for
> the Ebuild's but I kept the series dependency for Tryton's Ebuild's.
>
> I also discovered that GNU Health depends except for Python and Tryton
> only on qrcode.
>
> I tried to package fhir but it seems the release process is not yet
> correct (I reported a bug) so I will wait for this one.
>
> The other point that is not cool for packager is that there are some
> migration scripts stored in “health/tryton/scripts/upgrade” which is not
> packaged. It will be great for the future to have such migration script
> in the modules like Tryton does because it will ease the migration
> process.
>
> [1] http://hg.tryton.org/tryton-overlay/rev/4af9debb3e6a
> --
> Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
> Email/Jabber: address@hidden
> Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
> Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Great initiative Cedric.
The more distributions offer packages, the greater the exposure of the project.

A quick
<executable_name> install gnuhealth
beats downloading a tarball, manually installing and configuring the dependencies, running a bash script, and them having to manually take care of upgrading the software every six months...

Emilien