Re: [Health] LIMS

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] LIMS
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 16:23:26 +0000

Hi Bounmy !

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 20:26:22 +0700
Bounmy Sihaphom <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi there !
> > On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 15:31:58 +1000
> > Noor Medical Center <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello all,
> > >

> > >    1. Is there any LIMS feature in GNU Health, if not
> >
> > Although not a full LIMS, The health_lab module allows you to
> > create and manage lab orders, and integrate the results coming from
> > a LIMS or the lab analysis device. So, in many cases it will be
> > enough.
>
> We would need additional generic functionalities like Quality
> Control/Verification Lab Results before publishing them.

This will be done using the digital signature / crypto functionality. I
sent a mail yesterday about this ( see task #14066 at
https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?14066)

> > >    2. Is there any LIMS solution can be integrated with GNU
> > > Health or at least might be integrated.
> >
> > You can integrate the results with interfaces to your specific lab
> > equipment, or uploading the XML, CSV data coming from the
> > laboratory.
> >
> > Of course we could integrate it with existing LIMS, as long as they
> > can allow access and export the data in open formats.
> >
> > The GNU LIMS project is still under development, but there are
> > others around.
> >
> If we can have a standard User Interface to grab raw data (CSV,othet
> format) will definitely help or using HL7 / FIHR to communicate with
> the equipments.
GNU Health is able to process CSV, XML data, once it has been exported.

Using web services or an specific standard such as FHIR needs both
sides to "talk" the same language. While adapting both the
lab and the imaging models to FHIR, it will depend on whether the other
side is FHIR compliant.

> To me , GNU Health also need to have radiology which part of Lab ,
> Now it;s very tough for us to figure out how to use GNU Health and
> PACS.

Pretty much as above. DICOM is going in the direction of integrating
with FHIR [1], but it will take a bit of time.

In the meantime, the scenarios are :

1) You already have a PACS server (they are usually proprietary,
and come with the CT / MRI scanners ) at your health center .  If this
is the case, you can incorporate the URI to the GNU Health study ID
and link it with a DICOM client.

2) You don't have a PACS server: The options here are :
        a) You can use a Free/Libre DICOM server such as Orthanc, for
        which we are working on tight integration with GNU Health (Use
        the same study IDs, plugin to "dicomize" and upload the
        study from the workstation, link the Study URI ...). This is
        great, since we're interoperating with a dedicated server,
        taking the load and administration away from GNU Health.

        b) Use GNU Health to store the images: This is
        the standard and default functionality on the health_imaging
        module. You can store the Dx Imaging results in different
        formats GNU Health. Quite simple, but it works well, both
        for DICOM and Non-DICOM objects / documents.

Hope this helps ! At the end, interoperability is key for both lab and
Dx Imaging, and we're working on it.

1.-
http://www.ringholm.com/column/Recent_Future_Developments_in_DICOM_Harry_Solomon.htm

Bests,