Re: [Health] Search Results not sorted on the basis of 'Best Match'

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Search Results not sorted on the basis of 'Best Match'
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 10:19:22 +0000

Hi Khurram !
On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 08:59:51 +0500
Khurram Shahzad <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 2:09 AM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Khurram !
> >
> > On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 12:37:18 +0500
> > Khurram Shahzad <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Luis,

> > > I am sorry for unclear words. Please find attached images 1,2 and
> > > 3.
> > >
> > > First image "1. haemo" shows search result when user types
> > > 'heamo' in search box. The first result in search box is
> > > 'Neonatalepa ...' and the best matching result is at position 4.
> > >
> > > Now look at second image "2. haemorr". The first result in search
> > > box is "Neonatal ..."  and the best matching result is at
> > > position 8.
> >
> > I think I understand your point now.
> >
> > If you want to see the substring you enter in the search field as
> > the initial one, you can use the "%" metacharacter at the end of
> > the string. AFAIK, this works on the filter, not on the
> > autocompletion.
> >
> > So, for your specific search, take a look at the screenshot link I
> > just took.
> >
> > http://i.imgur.com/gTZPxuo.png
> >
> > This will show only the conditions that start with the substring you
> > want, and get a closer best match.
> >
> > Let me know if it worked for you.
> >

> Yes! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Excellent :)

> Can we have it on auto-completion? I think it is related with the
> ordering/sorting of the search result. Perhaps the current ordering
> of diseases search results is on ICD-Code or Disease Name.

On the M2O fields, each time you type a character, the system looks
directly for substrings, showing you the first occurrences on the
model.

It would be nice to have the ability of turning off or changing the
default behaviour of the auto-completion feature on Many2One fields, by
using an escape character at the beginning in the same m2o field,
without the need to open a search window.

All the best
Luis