Re: [Health] How do I create additional database in gnuhealth?

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] How do I create additional database in gnuhealth?
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 07:48:57 +0200

Am Freitag, 24. August 2018, 15:38:02 CEST schrieb Patrick Murez:

> i'm struggling to create a additional database in gnuhealth.I've manage to
> have gnuhealth up and running but i would like to have an extra data base
> for training( i will load the demo data for that) but when i create a
> database in postgresql it is not appearing in the list of databases in
> gnuhealth client...

You probably forgot to inititalize it:

Quoting https://en.opensuse.org/GNUHealth_on_openSUSE#Setup_more_in_detail

Create DB:
createdb mydb --encoding='UTF-8' --owner=xxx

(xxx - depends on your installation, gnuhealth or tryton)

Initialization:
(Log in as user who owns the database)
su tryton -s /bin/bash
/usr/bin/trytond-admin -c /etc/tryton/trytond.conf --all -d mydb

HTH
Axel