Re: [Help-bash] stdout and stderr to two different process substitutions

From: Peng Yu
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] stdout and stderr to two different process substitutions
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 01:41:28 -0600

>  $ prog > >(gzip > xxx.gz) 2> >(gzip > yyy.gz)

Thanks for your detailed explanation. I misunderstood the usage of >().

Now, I want to tee stderr to a file but I also want to see the stderr
output on the screen. Obviously, the following do not work. Could let
me know if there is a way to show stderr on the screen as well as
saving it to a file? Thanks!

prog > >(gzip > xxx.gz) 2> >(tee > yyy.txt)

Peng