[Help-bash] gv in vi mode with multiple lines

From: Peng Yu
Subject: [Help-bash] gv in vi mode with multiple lines
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 07:04:11 -0500

Hi,

When I type a command that spans multiple lines. For example, I type
the following incomplete command,

~$ echo 'a

I then type ESC, gv. The vim window opened only include the 2nd line.
The vim window should include both lines. Is there a way to configure
the vi mode to do editing more intelligently?

BTW, I don't find where the description of the gv usage. Could anybody
let me know where the description is? Thanks!

Peng