Re: [Help-bash] Bash is setting disposition of a signal, ignored upon en

From: Anoop Sharma
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Bash is setting disposition of a signal, ignored upon entry to shell, to default
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 11:59:37 +0530

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Chet Ramey <address@hidden> wrote:
On 1/11/13 1:22 AM, Anoop Sharma wrote:
> I am testing on Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS.
>
> I have narrowed down this issue a bit more. The problem is not seen when I
> include a "#! /bin/bash" in the script or if I use the command "bash -c
> test_1.sh".

OK, I found it.  It happens only when the shell is interactive (my previous
tests were using shell scripts), and the fix went in in July and appears in
the development branch.  The original bug report that prompted the fix was

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bash/2012-07/msg00084.html

If you're curious, the attached patch is the one that does the trick.

Chet
Chet Ramey, ITS, CWRU    address@hidden    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/

Thanks a lot for the patch. It is what was required.

- Anoop