Re: [Help-bash] .bash_history lost

From: Manuel Reimer
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] .bash_history lost
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 16:57:18 +0100

On 03/10/2014 06:32 AM, Chris Down wrote:
If you have multiple shells open, this can happen.

I only had *one* root shell open.

The only special thing is, that I entered "reboot" into this shell and that I've updated my system before doing so. The update included a systemd update and a new kernel.

Today, I tried to reproduce the problem but I had no luck...

I've read on the net that a zero sized ".bash_history" may be a sign that someone intruded into that system but as this system is behind a firewall and is just used as pure client (no ports accessible from the outside) and I regularly add all system updates, I don't really think that this can be possible...

Yours

Manuel