[Help-bash] set other pager for TAB completion possibilities

From: Christof Warlich
Subject: [Help-bash] set other pager for TAB completion possibilities
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 10:45:49 +0100

Hi,

though I fear that it is just not possible, I'd like to confirm:

Wen I press TAB twice to see the autocompletion possibilities of a command, and the list of choices is big, bash asks if it should display all possibilities. Saying yes, bash seems to use the pager "more" to display the possibilities.

My question: Is it possible to use another pager, e.g. less? I tried to set the PAGER environment variable, but without success.

Thanks,

Chris