Re: [Help-bash] Differences in heredocs between process substitution and

From: Chet Ramey
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Differences in heredocs between process substitution and shell substitution
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 17:42:26 -0400

On 7/18/14, 9:41 PM, Philipp Schrader wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for help in understanding why the following two pieces of
> behave differently. I apologize for the lengthy e-mail. I tried to make my
> examples as short as I could.

This came up last month.  The gist of the issue is that the changes to
parse command substitutions using recursive calls to the parser need to
be applied to parsing process substitutions as well.

I have attached a patch that should apply cleanly to bash-4.3.18 and fix
the expansion issue.

Chet
Chet Ramey, ITS, CWRU    address@hidden    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/