Re: [Help-bash] Filename Expansion: Find Utility vs Bash Shell Pattern M

From: Michael Convey
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Filename Expansion: Find Utility vs Bash Shell Pattern Matching
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 11:50:24 -0700

Chet and Greg, thanks for your follow-up explanations and additional links.
I will read them and learn each program's features one-by-one as suggested,
while still trying to maintain a big picture view. I find the lack of
standardization unnecessarily complex and frustrating. I believe this kind
of complexity is why many people become exasperated and give up on Linux. I
will persevere, but I hope standardization will prevail in the long run.