Re: [Help-bash] How to print a bash variable in the most succinct way?

From: David Niklas
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] How to print a bash variable in the most succinct way?
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 17:33:48 -0400

On: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 00:14:10 <address@hidden> wrote:
> What's the actual use case here, or the overall picture? Or is it more
> of a theoretical exercise.
>
> I'm struggling to come up with a situation were I'd need to export a
> shit-ton of variables like that.
I've got a theory.
Peng Yu is an internet spammer. He declare(1)s all of the host names he
wants to spam in an associative array. He defines all of his spam mails
contents in variables that are RW so that at(1) can use aspell(1) on them
always choosing the first result cause he's lazy. He then calls at(1)
within at(1) to use sendmail(1) once he's behind a tor(1) proxy which
necessitates redefining the proxy variable before at(1) runs. He is also
thinking of using netcat(1) to make a UDP connection to the servers he
wants to spam and having you write his own SMTP code cause he's lazy...

Now he can't figure out why he can't spam people.
Maybe it's the array?
Maybe it's the environment?
Maybe it's the evil and uncooperative Greg Wooledge?

<@_@ evil_laughter="True"> I hope it's all of the above and more... </@_@>

Sincerely,
David