Re: [Help-bash] How is read -e different?

From: Pierre Gaston
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] How is read -e different?
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 11:59:52 +0300

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 11:43 AM, D630 <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there any difference between using Readline via "read -e" and using it
> as
> normal? And how can I see, whether I am really in "read -e"?

Do you mean using read without -e vs using read with -e?
With -e you can use all the readline capabilities, without you only have
what your terminal provides

On my terminal with read -e, I can type "foo", press control+a to go at the
beginning of the line, press control+k to kill(cut) everything then control
+ y to yank(paste) it back

Without I only see: foo^A^K^Y