Re: [Help-bash] How is read -e different?

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] How is read -e different?
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 08:09:45 -0400

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 11:45:11AM +0200, D630 wrote:
> Damn, my bad. I mean using read -e vs. using Readline on a line as
> normal without read!

I still don't understand what you are asking.  readline is a C library,
not a command.  Various programs (including bash) may link to the
readline library and use its functions to read lines of input from users
in terminal applications.  Other programs that use it include gdb and
GNU's bc.

What are you trying to do?