Re: [Help-bash] What the signals cause EXIT?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] What the signals cause EXIT?
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 12:42:36 -0700

Hi Paul,

Paul Wagner wrote:
> thanks a lot for explaining all those signalling details.  As someone who is
> having troubles with a pipeline and SIGPIPE (as posted a few weeks ago here)
> myself, could you point to resources explaining the whole *nix signalling
> infrastructure?

By far the best and most comprehensive reference I know is what is now
the classic Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment originally by
the late W. Richard Stevens and now updated by Steven Rago.  Andy Chu
recommended this book in another thread just recently and I
wholeheartedly second that recommendation.

The topic you are asking about reaches into signal handling relating
to shells and Martin Cracauer's excellent page on this should also be
on the reading list too.

  Proper handling of SIGINT/SIGQUIT
  https://www.cons.org/cracauer/sigint.html

I don't know Android really at all and therefore I didn't have any
help for you in your previous message.  But I will go look at it now
and see if there might be something I can think of there regardless.

Bob