Re: [Help-bash] Escape Character and NewLine

From: David
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Escape Character and NewLine
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 15:04:36 +1000

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 at 07:15, David <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 at 06:12, Fernando Basso <address@hidden> wrote:

> > "it implicitly loops" is eye-opening, though!

> Wherever a printf command is provided, this is the usual behaviour.

It's possible that sentence of mine misled you because
I didn't make it more specific [*]. I was just attempting to
handwave you towards a couple more points on the road,
in case you might want to travel further.

My communication style often involves hand-waving,
luckily there are usually other cool people around to fix
the details =o

[*] 'man 3 printf' documents a C function, not a command,
but nevermind :)