Re: [Help-bash] Escape Character and NewLine

From: Fernando Basso
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Escape Character and NewLine
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 21:02:55 -0300

On 9/18/19 2:04 AM, David wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 at 07:15, David <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 at 06:12, Fernando Basso <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> "it implicitly loops" is eye-opening, though!
>> Wherever a printf command is provided, this is the usual behaviour.
> It's possible that sentence of mine misled you because
> I didn't make it more specific [*]. I was just attempting to
> handwave you towards a couple more points on the road,
> in case you might want to travel further.
>
> My communication style often involves hand-waving,
> luckily there are usually other cool people around to fix
> the details =o
>
> [*] 'man 3 printf' documents a C function, not a command,
> but nevermind :)

No, David. It was me brain-farting. Greg had already kindly and
carefully expounded that one document extends another (and I now also
believe it can also mean “overrides overlapping information from
predecessor documents”).

I do need to get more familiar with the way all this stuff work and
indeed, pay much more attention to the wording and details.

Thank you all for the patience and explanations. Much appreciated.