accessing the output of an external cmd from inside a loadable builtin

From: bobg
Subject: accessing the output of an external cmd from inside a loadable builtin
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 15:51:16 +0000

Inside my builtin, I want to execute a 'find' command and process the results. I have been looking at the execute_cmd.c file. I have been using execute_shell_function for other commands but I am not sure how I should do it so that I can access the output of the find command in the builtin code. There's probably multiple ways to do it. Can anyone suggest a good approach?

--BobG