Re: Process Options

From: Kyle Amon
Subject: Re: Process Options
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:04:05 -0400

Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:

> I am thinking of changing the default process options for BSD-like
> systems. On linux, one can write
>
> ps auxw
>
> to get a long listing with usernames. Does anynone know if this
> works, or a similar thing on BSD variants? Free/Open/Net/I etc.

Yes, same thing on FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD.

Don't know about that commercial BSD virus, but it is probably the
same there as well. :-)

-- Kyle

--
Kyle Amon (TM)   email: amonk@gnutec.com   http://www.gnutec.com/~amonk
GNUTEC, Inc.     voice: 813-979-1633       http://www.gnutec.com/

KeyID 1024/49808913
Fingerprint =  82 91 D3 44 66 58 37 D7  38 05 BE 98 9D F0 8A 70  49 80
89 13

"I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms.  There are
better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making
use of one's contributions to computer science."

                                -- Donald E. Knuth, TAoCP vol 3

This email Copyright 2001 by Kyle Amon, Inc., a Florida corporation,
6002 Palm Shadow Way, Suite 1218, Tampa, FL 33647: (813) 979-1311
amonk@gnutec.com http://www.gnutec.com/~amonk. All rights Reserved.