Copy & hooks?

From: Tollef Fog Heen
Subject: Copy & hooks?
Date: 30 Apr 2001 00:08:06 +0200

(Please Cc me, I'm not a subscriber (yet))

I am trying to move from rdist to cfengine, and while doing that, I've
tripped over a problem.  Just copying files are easy.  However, it
seems like cfengine doesn't support some kind of hooks:

(${AUTOFILES}) -> (${DEBIANHOSTS})
        install ;
        special ${AUTOFILES} "/etc/init.d/autofs restart";

This is how it is written in the distfile for rdist.  It means that
'if ${AUTOFILES} are copied to ${DEBIANHOSTS} then run
/etc/init.d/autofs restart".

I don't want to restart my automounter once an hour just because there
_might_ be new automounter maps.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.