Create Action Script

From: Liston Bias
Subject: Create Action Script
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:27:39 -0500 (CDT)

General Questions:

Can cfengine be configured to notify admin of conditions that are not
correct and wait for admin to intervene before fixing?

We would like to monitor certain conditions (files) on systems, but want
to know if something goes array before automatically fixing.  Right now,
we have a perl script that generates another script to run based on a
variety of conditions, but cf-engine seems much more powerful.

I am currently setting up extensive jumpstart server for solaris with
security fixes, patches, software install, and company changes in finish
scripts.  I want to then hand over configuration management of system to
cf-engine.

Thank You,
Liston