Re: moderating the list [was: Help-cfengine digest, Vol 1 #135 - 4 msgs

From: Dan Bethe
Subject: Re: moderating the list [was: Help-cfengine digest, Vol 1 #135 - 4 msgs]
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:40:23 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mitch Collinsworth <mitch@ccmr.cornell.edu> wrote:

> Most if not all of the spam on this list is coming in via the news
> gateway from gnu.cfengine.help.  Just moderating that gateway would

        That's been a major issue for many years.  It's so bad that several GNU
lists
have forked off onto private servers, resulting in duplicate lists and efforts.
 People have been _very_ upset by it.  The FSF's official position has been
that they don't have the resources to maintain a proper mail server.
        If anyone else here knows offhand who to talk to, go ahead; if not,
I'll go
ahead and hunt down the FSF's email admins and ask them again.  It's just
important in this day and age  :}

=====
Medium System Administrator and Junior I.T. Manager of 5 yrs
 -- Now available -- Linux, Unix-like, open source systems
    -- http://mmmgood.net -- dan_bethe@yahoo.com