How to edit the crontab

From: Didier CONTIS
Subject: How to edit the crontab
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:03:24 -0400

I am migrating our install of cfengine (~250 nodes) from a setup
where cfengine reads its conf files from an NFS partition
(/usr/local/etc/cfengine)
to a setup where cfengine updates and reads its config from a local
directory.

Right now, cfengine is running every 10 minutes from the crontab of our
hosts.

I was wondering if someone would have some recommendations on how to
edit
the crontab of these 250 nodes. Editing the file is one thing but I am
not sure
about restarting the cron daemon.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Regards - Didier.