syntax reference

From: Roy Marantz
Subject: syntax reference
Date: 14 Sep 2001 13:40:44 -0000

Does anyone know of a detailed description of the syntax of cfengine,
say in some kind of BNF or somthing?  I'm using (with varying degrees
of success) version 1.6.3.  In particular I keeping running into
problems with macros/variables such as how to define them (in a groups
part and/or module) and where they get expanded.  I'd love there to be
a way to include the contents of a variable in a REGEX, but I don't
see one.  I'm trying to avoid pouring over the source, so any help
would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Roy

P.S.  I'm not on this mailing list, but do read the newsgroup.