case-insensitive matches in editfiles?

From: Marion Hakanson
Subject: case-insensitive matches in editfiles?
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:30:40 -0800

Folks,

I'm using cfengine versions 1.5.4 and 1.6.3 on Solaris/SPARC 2.6 & 8.

I've perused documentation, and searched this list's archives, and not
found a way to do case-insensitive matching within a cfengine "editfiles"
section.  Yes, I really do have a config file for an application which
treats the strings without regard to case.

Currently, I just delete any lines that have uppercase letters in them,
but that's somewhat heavy-handed and loses information.  Suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

--
Marion Hakanson <hakanson@cse.ogi.edu>
CSE Computing Facilities