Re: update.conf

From: Richard Arends
Subject: Re: update.conf
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 00:17:24 +0200 (CEST)

Mark,

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:

> As a principle of security, you don't want to include just any file you
> happen to find there,

That's true, but in the future i want to combine cfengine with rsbac and
then this shouldn't be a problem anymore. But first cfengine :-)

> but you might want to include only certain files
> on certain hosts. To do this, just label them with classes:
>
>  import:
>
>    solaris::
>
>       cf.solaris
>
>   hpux|linux::
>
>       cf.xxx
>
>   myclass::
>
>       cf.extras
>
> You can define classes with, f.eks.
>
> classes:
>
>  myclass = ( IfExists(filename) )
>
> or whatever.

I think this is the best solution. A set of common files for every host
and for some hosts a own cf file with the include statement. For this file
i'm gone use the IfExist. If somebody puts a file in the dir for some host
then they should list the file in the import statement.

Thanks!

Greetings,

Richard.

----
An OS is like swiss cheese, the bigger it is, the more holes you get!