How does cfengine figure out the domainname?

From: Doug J Nordwall
Subject: How does cfengine figure out the domainname?
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:35:31 -0700

I have a raft of machines that do not have dns domain names. That is to
say, they are in a domain, but they don't return FQDNs when you type in
hostname. They are of varying architecture (mostly sun, linux, and
irix). FOr all of them, cfengine returns an undefined domain. I'm
curious to know how cfengine determines domain names. Does it just take
the last part of the FQDN? I've been reading the code, but I'll freely
admit, I'm not a programmer, although I took many courses in college :)
--
Douglas J Nordwall      http://rex.nmhu.edu/~musashi
System Administrator    Pacific Northwest National Labs