Module class contained an illegal character (-)

From: Sabrina Lautier
Subject: Module class contained an illegal character (-)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:27:56 +0200

Hi all !

Here is the error message I get when my cfengine script call a module
I wrote:
cfengine:<servername>: Module class contained an illegal character (-
).
Only alphanumeric or underscores in classes.
This is more a warning message than an error one as the script keep
running and doesn't return an error code.

The module (module:test) is called with the following arguments:
module:test module_exec_ok install_patch patchlist $(path1) $(path2)
$(serverfullname) $(domainname) $(allclasses)

The first 2 arguments are module classes previously defined
in 'AddInstallable' and as you can see don't contain any dash (-).
$(path1) and $(path2) are in the form /aaa/bbb/ccc and don't contain
any dash.
$(serverfullname) and $(domainname) are in the form xxx.yyy.zzz and
don't contain any dash either.
On the other hand, the variable $(allclasses) does contain dashes.
Some are classes defined with the cfagent -D option:
 * patch_108528-15
 * patch_108456-11
with cfagent called this way: cfagent -Dpatch_108528-15 -
Dpatch_108456-11)
Some are system's specific like : pin-23

My module looks like this:
#!/usr/bin/perl
# Set parameters
my ($class_ok,$class_install_patch,$macro_patcheslist, ...) = @_;
# lots of computation
if (<condition>)
  {
    printf("=$macro_patcheslist=%s\n",108528-15:108456-11));
    print "+$class_install_patch\n";
  }
print "+$class_ok\n";

Thinking that the pb might be due to the '-' in patch_xxxxxx-xx, I've
replaced it with a '_' but this didn't changed anything and the
warning message still appeared.

I don't know where the pb is from as none of my module classes
contain any dash... Why does the function CheckClass (in cfagent.c)
find one ?
Any idea ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sabrina