Re: Log rotation question

From: Chris Edillon
Subject: Re: Log rotation question
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 01:27:16 -0400 (GMT+4)

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Kirk Bauer wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Allen Bettilyon wrote:
>
> >      disable:
> >             Sunday.IfElapsed86400::
> >                     /var/log/httpd/access_log rotate=52 size=<1000
> >
> > That would run on Sunday and only if it hasn't ran for 86400 seconds (1 day)
>
> This *looks* fine, but it doesn't seem to work (well, I tried the class
> IfElapsed20 and it never seems to be defined).  I can't seem to find any
> mention of this special class anywhere on Google...

  according to the Tutorial, IfElapsed doesn't work per rule,
but per action (disable in the above case) and not all actions
at that.  check the docs at:

http://www.cfengine.org/docs/cfengine-Tutorial.html#Spamming%20and%20security

but basically it has to do with per-action locking so that
cfengine can prevent spamming through lots of cfrun executions
as well as "atom" locking when multiple cfagent processes are
running on a client using the same configuration files.  it's
not set in a rule, but in the actionsequence or globally in the
control: section.

chris